New Ford Escape Brings Big Tech to Small SUVs
In this case, however, the brand-new Escape brings a brand-new meaning to the term "SUV." As explained by Ford's Derrick Kuzak, group vice president for Global Product Development: "We call our all-new Ford Escape the 'Smarter Utility Vehicle' because it offers the strengths that customers today really value-fuel economy, versatility and new technology that makes driving and living with the vehicle easier and more fun-all wrapped in a sleek, more modern design."
In fact, Ford claims the 2013 Escape will offer 11 features not available on any other vehicle in its class, including highlights like:
- A hands-free power liftgate that can be opened and closed with a "gentle kicking motion" aimed underneath the center of the Escape's rear bumper-eliminating the need to fumble with packages, etc., when trying to access the Escape's capacious rear cargo area.
- The latest update to the automaker's SYNC with MyFord Touch connectivity and infotainment system, which has been extensively upgraded to meet owner demands.
- An active park-assist feature that can automatically steer the Escape into parallel-parking spots while the driver only has to control the gas and brake.
- Ford's Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with cross-traffic alert, capable of alerting drivers to vehicles in the Escape's blind spots, both on the road and when reversing out of driveways and parking spots.
- Curve Control, which can automatically slow the Escape if it's cornering too quickly.
- Torque Vectoring Control, designed to help drivers better manage acceleration during turns.
- An upgraded Intelligent 4WD System that relies on input from 25 external signals to help drivers maintain optimal traction under a wide range of driving conditions.
- A two-position load floor offering either a flat surface or a configuration developed for maximum cargo space.
In addition, the redesigned Escape will boast a highly advanced powertrain lineup. The base powerplant is a fresh take on Ford's proven 2.5-liter I4, now updated to help the Escape achieve up to 10 percent better fuel efficiency; two optional engine choices will be available as well-both of which feature the automaker's breakthrough EcoBoost technology. For drivers who want class-leading fuel-efficiency, the Escape will be the first vehicle in the U.S. with Ford's 1.6-liter EcoBoost I4, which is expected to add up to 5 more mpg to the 2012 Escape's total, yet still produce a peppy 177 hp and 173 lb.-ft. of torque. Driver's interested in putting the emphasis on a more athletic brand of performance can choose the 2.0-liter EcoBoost, tuned to make 237 hp and 250 lb.-ft. of torque.
And notably, according to Ford powertrain supervisor, Roger Maynard, "The 2.0-liter EcoBoost, like all EcoBoost engines, will deliver peak torque across a wide band. That means drivers will get fast response when they put down the power - without sacrificing fuel economy."
Both EcoBoost engines are hooked up to Ford's advanced six-speed SelectShift Automatic transmission, allowing drivers to choose between fully automatic or manually controlled shifting.
"This all-new Ford model opens a new chapter in the world of SUVs," Kuzak said. "By being smarter, this utility vehicle will help customers around the globe find better, easier ways to connect with technology, maximize fuel efficiency and find the versatility and capability they need and want."
THESE DAYS, THE BEST way to purchase a new car might be to skip the dealership and head online.
While the advantages might not seem obvious at first, auto experts agree that shoppers can save time and money by going online. Perhaps more important, the entire process is a lot more pleasant: No more wrestling with tough sales teams.
You can purchase new and used cars online. People who've purchased new/used models say it's remarkably easy. Our Internet sales department, These people make their commissions based on volume rather than price. They understand the importance of offering a fair price to move the sales process along quickly.
Those looking to purchase a new car online typically field multiple offers at a time a detail not lost on our dealership. We know that if we want your business, Lance Cunningham Ford must offer you a competitive price.
In addition to the sales price, you can work out all the smaller
details online as well, including aftermarket products ( extended
warranties) and financing.
We have the best salespeople in the business, and we look forward to serving you!!
Lance Cunningham Ford- http://www.lcford.com Call 1-888-719-3506
ONLINE SHOPPING MADE EASY WITH WORLDWIDE SHIPPING SERVICES AND UNMATCHED PRICES. ASK AN ONLINE AGENT FOR INSTANT ANSWERS USING LIVE CHAT. SERVICE AND PRICE IS HOW WE ARE ABLE TO BE YOUR DEALER WITH THE CLICK OF A BUTTON.
As far as finding the 2013 Ford Escape goes, customers can expect it to reach dealerships in the beginning of next year.